02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: Painting Courses in Derbyshire Book now to avoid disappointment! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Painting Courses in Derbyshire Book now to avoid disappointment!

34


I thought I'd put a little reminder on the blog about the courses I'm running this year. I still have some places left both in August and October.


Please tell your painting friends if you think they might be interested!


Watercolour Painting with Ann Mortimer

I want to tell you about two residential watercolour painting courses I am going to run in 2011.

They will be at Alison House Hotel and Conference Centre in Cromford, Derbyshire.

www.alison-house-hotel.co.uk

Many of us have attended courses there in the past and enjoyed this relaxed, quiet spot which is in its own grounds in the village of Cromford. It is under new management and I have been to meet the new couple who now run the hotel and it is still as welcoming and relaxed as ever. But now it is licensed and is AA Four star.

Each course will be for four days. We will start with settling in and dinner on the Monday evening, followed by an introductory demo in the studio. We will have full days painting on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday packing up after lunch about 3-4pm.

The package includes tuition in a designated, comfortable studio and three nights’ accommodation in en suite rooms with coffee/tea making facilities, television, wi-fi broadband, etc. Then lunch every day and dinner with a glass of wine on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

Price £395 everything included. ( Non painting partner £200)

Dates for the courses

Mon 22 – Thurs 26 August 2011

And

Mon 3 – Thurs 6 October 2011

I chose this venue for the courses as the hotel has all the facilities we would expect and it is a short walk into Cromford where there are shops and some interesting historical sights. So you can get out and have a little stroll around if you wish in an interesting place.

I’m really looking forward to this! I know we can have a really nice painting break away from it all and with no worries apart from having to change your painting water every now and again! Bliss!

I envisage doing a mixture of flowers and landscape/gardens/features as well as perhaps some painting and sketching in the grounds. But I will send you more details later on.

Drop me an email if you’re interested or give me a ring and we can have a chat about it.

annmortimer@googlemail.com

Tel no. 0115 9743658

Best Wishes from Ann

35 36 37 38