02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: Spring Primroses...finished my demo piece 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Spring Primroses...finished my demo piece

34

Here's the painting from last Saturday's workshop.
I'm aware more than ever this year of how these flowers seem to appear from nowhere in the garden. They start as a tiny insignificant plant and grow very quickly into a pretty little clump with the creamy yellow flowers showing themselves off proudly against the cold dark February soil.

It takes years to understand and appreciate and know how to paint these flowers...this year I feel as if I'm doing them far greater justice than I did last year. I've tried to portray the delicacy of their petals one against the other and their translucency.

So glad we have the seasons so that our knowledge of every flower can be renewed and consolidated each year when they reappear.
35 36 37 38