02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: Where has the time gone?... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Where has the time gone?...

34
I don't know what happened to the time between 8 March, the date of my last post and now.  Tempus fugit indeed!  

Well the Easter holidays happened and also a lot of activity around my new DVD.  I'm really pleased at how well it has been selling and copies have winged their way all over the world.

If you haven't ordered your copy yet, remember that it is now for sale on Amazon UK:


http://tinyurl.com/movvfw7


as well as through my website:


 http://www.annmortimerart.com/dvds.html


I notice that on the Amazon site, two lovely people have given the DVD a great review and I thank them warmly!



I heard the other day that one of the paintings I entered for this year's Patchings competition in the Artist category received a "highly commended".  Given the incredibly high standard of work exhibited at the Patchings June Exhibition every year, I am well pleased with that!


Highly Commended in the 2014 Patchings Competition
"Backlit Hellebores"

Despite all the good news, I haven't been in a very fertile place painting wise lately.  Perhaps it's because we are a bit unsettled at the moment as we are on the move.  Yes, moving house after 24 years!  Wish us luck!

But the other day I started a painting inspired by the Clematis Montana that is coming into flower as we speak.  Here's the drawing...











35 36 37 38